Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being Busy is No Excuse...

...for not celebrating a celebrate-able moment. Enter boxed brownie mix and Heath bars.


One of my favorite quick, but special treats is to prepare boxed brownie mix according to the package directions, substituting milk for the water and olive oil for the vegetable oil. I like dark chocolate, but go with your own preference. I especially love the Ghiradelli brand, but in a budget crunch Duncan Hines will do. Then pour half of the batter into an 8X8 pan (extra thick yumminess) and layer the whole Heath bars on top. I use 5-6 to cover the entire bottom layer of batter from end to end. Finally, cover the Heath bar layer with the remaining brownie batter and bake according to package directions. Slightly underbaking them by 3-4 minutes keeps them extra moist.

One of my aunts prepared these for a family reunion (though I believe she used Skor bars). They were a hit then and to date they've never failed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<$BlogItemCreate$>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...